Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Glenn Beck prediction

I've already said this on Twitter, but want to preserve this at the blog so that I can say "I told you so" in about two years.

My prediction is this: Within two years, Glenn Beck remakes himself as a David Brock/Arianna Huffington lefty 'disillusioned' with the right. He'll be so good at it that liberals will ... like him. Beck's left himself plenty of escape hatches along the way, with the "rodeo clown just trying to understand stuff" routine he does. He'll say: "Well, I understand now! And once Fox realized I was going places that weren't in line with GOP orthodoxy, they got rid of me!"

When I fall for this, I ask that one of you slap me. Hard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have to agree with you. Most people I know tend to think anyone that doesn't agree with them is stupid. All beckmwould have to do to be named chairman of the Democratic Party is to change his stance on gay marriage.

Litzz11@yahoo.com said...

I disagree. Beck was shoved out the door because with the presidential election coming up, the GOP needs to look less crazy. Beck types are very useful at energizing the base which is important before midterms, but in a national election you need to appeal to the "independents" and Beck scares the crap out of people and makes the Republican Party look like a bunch of nutballs.

My prediction: after the 2012 election he'll be back spreading his lies and fear and conspiracy theories to better energize the base for 2014.

Notorious Ph.D. said...

If that does happen, and you do fall for it, I will slap you.

Hard.

But I don't think it's going to happen. My prediction: back to radio and books, and he gets even fringier.

That, or he retires to a Montana sheep ranch/bunker.