Monday, June 3, 2013

What I ate today

Some good news: I weighed for the first time in nearly a month. 274 pounds. That's still a fat man. But it's five pounds lighter than my last weigh-in at the doctor on May 6. And it's a full seven pounds lighter than the 281 pounds I weighed on May 4, the day I committed myself to this.

Some bad news: I don't think I ate very well today, possibly because of the small sense of victory I had. You can see the log for yourself. As for me: If that "snacks" section in the log has multiple pieces of fruit in it, I'm going to guess I had a good day. If not, probably not.

Some good news: I'm still below my daily calorie limit. (And the limit has declined about 100 calories a day, thanks to the weight I've lost. The nice thing about this approach: It's gliding me in for the landing, rather than dropping me out the door. Sustainability, for me, is the key to this whole thing.)

And some better news: I had a couple of bad, cheating days during that first month. I realize now that if I can surround those single bad days with three, four, five good days at a stretch, I'm probably going to come out ahead—and not to despair and give up because of the one bad day.

I honestly wasn't sure if I possessed the capacity to do this. I'm pretty sure, even now, I can't do this by myself: The accountability and support I've been given by my friends, family, and readers has been a huge help. Thanks.


 

Daily Report for June 3, 2013

Daily Log
Breakfast656
Egg, Scrambled, Large2 Each204
Coffee, Brewed8 Fluid ounces2
Sausage, Patty, Original, Vgtrn, Morningstar Farms2 Each160
Veggie Egg And Cheese On Whole Grain Toast, Saxbys1 Serving290
No nutrient data for: Fat, Carbs, Protein
Lunch268
Spinach, Baby, Fresh2 Cups14
Tomatoes, Fresh, Med1 Each22
Chicken Breast, Skinless, Cooked1 Each142
Dressing, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Newman's Own2 Tablespoons90
Dinner579
Rice, Brown, Medium Grain, Cooked2 Cups437
Chicken Breast, Skinless, Cooked1 Each142
Sauce, Siracha, Hot Chili, Dynasty3 Tablespoons0
No nutrient data for: Carbs
Snacks745
Banana, Medium, 7" - 7 7/8" Long1 Each105
Bfast Sandwich, Sausage Egg & Cheese, Croissant, Dunkin Donuts1 Each640
Exercise214
Walking10 min39
Walking15 min59
Walking15 min59
Walking15 min58

Nutrients
Fat82g38%
Carbohydrates177g37%
Protein122g25%

Summary
Food Calories2,248
Exercise Calories214
Net Calories2,033
+/- Calories-577
Weight274

No comments: